I love seeing what books other people have on their bookshelves. So I have three shelves that I guess you could call mini shelves just because my walls are angled and I can’t fit any taller ones in my room. As for the three I have the one is from Ikea and the other two are from Walmart. Also I want to note that I usually get my books from the local used book store but if I do buy new books its from Indigo or Book Outlet. I’m also not going to give any information on the books listed because there are a lot.
As you can see from the image above that there are four storage boxes that just have random stuff in them.
Top left corner is where the Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown is. I have three of the illustrated editions (only missing Inferno) and I have four out of the five books just in various editions (only missing Origin since it just come out this month). I have read all four of the books but I want to go back and reread them but with the illustrated editions and of course read Origin.
Top right corner is the Harry Potter series nothing really special in terms of editions they are just ones I was able to get at the second hand store. The reason is just because I have never read the Harry Potter series before…. I know hard believe but its true.
The middle cube that is kind of hard to see what’s there is where I keep some of my stand alones. So I have The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, And The Mountains Echoed all by Khaled Hossini and Chicken Soup For The Soul: My Very Good, Very Bad Cat. I have read The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns before and they are great but I wouldn’t suggest them for younger readers because of the content. I do want to go back a reread them and read And The Mountains Echoed and Chicken Soup.
The bottom left corner is where I have my more informational and self help/ improvement books and I do need to read most of these (some are just reference books). So I have :
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
- Healing Crystals by Michael Gienger
- The Teaching of Buddha
- Discovery Insight Guides Bali and Lombok
- The Happiness Equation by Neil Pasricha
- Reiki Mastery For Second Degree Students and Masters by David F Vennells
- Energy Healing The Essentials of Self Care by Ann Marie Chiasson, MD
The bottom right corner is where I keep books that I need the others in that series. If you can’t guess I need to read these books still. I only have two books here and they are Frostblood by Elly Blake and Arthur Book Two: At The Crossing Places by Kevin Crossly- Holland.
Walmart Shelf #1
On the top I do have some little trinkets. I have a glass vase (?) that I got from a local glass blower about 10 years ago, Magical Mermaids and Dolphins oracle cards, an owl candle I go last year for Christmas, a picture of my one cat Scruffy, a picture of an owl that I seen at the Calgary Zoo, and an owl candle holder. Before anyone says it yes I love owls.
The top shelf is my Cassandra Clare Shadowhunters shelf. So that includes the three series (Mortal Instruments, Dark Artifices, and Infernal Devices) plus the extra books. I have read some of these but I am planning on marathoning all these books. I also keep my extra bookmarks here which aren’t very interesting.
The middle shelf is where I keep books that I need to read/ reread that aren’t classics. I’m missing Vampire Knight Memories Volume 1 by Matsuri Hino because a friend is currently borrowing it. Other then that here are the other books:
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larrson (I do have the other two but my grandma is borrowing them)
Laying down on the middle shelf is where I have the books on my TBR. The books on my October TBR are:
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- There’s Someone In Your House by Stephanie Perkins
- Into a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Ghost Stories by Richard Dalby
The last book on the shelf is where it is because I just put it there after I bought it. That books is The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Steward.
The bottom shelf is my classics that I want to read/ reread. I know there are some books that people will say aren’t classics but as far as I’m concerned they are. That being said I’m currently reading Pet Sematary by Stephan King and that’s why its not on the shelf or my TBR pile. So here is what classics I currently have:
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Laroux
- Cujo by Stephan King
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
- To Kill A Mocking Bird and Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger
- The Iliad by Homer
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Strange Tales by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Last Tycoon, This Side of Paradise, The Great Gatsby, and Tender is the Night by F Scott Fitzgerald
Walmart Shelf #2
Finally we made it to the last shelf! This is where I put the books that I completed and actually liked and decided to keep. So on the top I have a owl box that I just have some crystals in, a Ganesh statue, a little Buddha statue that I got from Indigo, a blue candle plate (that the little Buddha lives on), a cement Buddha statue, and a owl painting that I got from a friend.
The top shelf has Vampire Knight Volumes 1-19 by Matsuri Hino. I also have four Studio Ghibli stuffies as well and they are Yakul from Princess Mononoke, Totoro from Totoro, Jiji from Kiki’s Delivery Service, and a tree spirit from Princess Mononoke. The books of the middle shelf that I’ve read are Cat About Town by Cate Conte, The Fault in Our Stars, 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, and A Series of Unfortunate Events books 1-13 by Lemony Snicket. As you can see the bottom shelf is empty which I hope to fill.